It is very important for you to call at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled appointment.
Buses run 6:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday to Friday
If you receive our voicemail system, leave a message along with a call back number and our dispatchers will return your call as soon as possible to confirm your ride.
Call Monday through Friday anytime between 6:00 am and 6:00 pm to talk directly with a dispatcher. Please have the following information ready when you call to schedule a ride —
- Your name.
- Your phone number.
- Location where a driver will pick you up.
- Location where you are going.
- Your appointment time.
Any changes to the schedule or to board any unscheduled passengers must be approved by Bay Transit.
If you need to cancel your ride, please let us know as soon as possible, at least one day in advance. Your advance cancellation allows us to schedule someone else for a ride. You can leave your cancellation message on our voicemail system 24 hours a day.
Bay Transit offers deviated fixed route service for the Courthouse Circulator, Rivah Ride, Hive Express, West Point In Town, Eagle and all summer trolley routes.
Good Things to Know:
- Be ready 15 minutes early
- Drivers will wait for you about 5 minutes
- It’s the Law… passengers must wear seat belts.
- For everyone’s safety, there can be no smoking, eating or drinking, in Bay Transit vehicles.
- Although we know how much you appreciate your driver, tipping is not allowed.
- Weather conditions may cause cancellation of bus service. Please listen closely to local radio stations for information.
- Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult to ride on Bay Transit
CANCELLATION AND NO-SHOW POLICY
In order to better serve our riders Bay Transit is instituting a new cancellation and no-show policy effective June 1, 2013. Three (3) no-shows or five (5) same-day cancellations within a six month period will result in a 30 day suspension of riding privileges or a $25.00 dollar fine.
If you call within three hours of your scheduled pickup time it will be documented as a same-day cancellation. A no-show constitutes our arrival at your pick up location and you are not there.
When you schedule a ride with Bay Transit it often means another person cannot be scheduled at the same time. When you cancel at the last minute or do not show up for the ride you have taken a seat away from another rider. The no-show and cancellation policy is meant to help us prevent this from happening.
We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you.
For other public services offered in Virginia use the form below to search.