It is very important for you to call at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled appointment.
Buses run 6:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday to Friday
If you receive our voicemail system, leave a message along with a call back number and our dispatchers will return your call as soon as possible to confirm your ride.
Call Monday through Friday anytime between 6:00 am and 6:00 pm to talk directly with a dispatcher. Please have the following information ready when you call to schedule a ride —
- Your name.
- Your phone number.
- Location where a driver will pick you up.
- Location where you are going.
- Your appointment time.
Any changes to the schedule or to board any unscheduled passengers must be approved by Bay Transit.
If you need to cancel your ride, please let us know as soon as possible, at least one day in advance. Your advance cancellation allows us to schedule someone else for a ride. You can leave your cancellation message on our voicemail system 24 hours a day.
Bay Transit offers deviated fixed route service for the Courthouse Circulator, Rivah Ride, Hive Express, West Point Paper Trail, Colonial Beach to Fredericksburg (Thursday only) and all summer trolley routes.
Good Things to Know:
- Be ready 15 minutes early
- Drivers will wait for you about 5 minutes
- It’s the Law… passengers must wear seat belts.
- For everyone’s safety, there can be no smoking, eating or drinking, in Bay Transit vehicles.
- Although we know how much you appreciate your driver, tipping is not allowed.
- Weather conditions may cause cancellation of bus service. Please listen closely to local radio stations for information.
- Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult to ride on Bay Transit