It is very important for you to call at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled appointment.
Buses run 6:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday to Friday
If you receive our voicemail system, leave a message along with a call back number and our dispatchers will return your call as soon as possible to confirm your ride.
Call the Bay Transit Ride Line at (877) 869-6046 anytime between 6 AM and 6 PM Monday through Friday to speak directly with one of our schedulers.
Please have the following information ready when you call to schedule a ride —
- Your name.
- Your phone number.
- Location where a driver will pick you up.
- Location where you are going.
- Your appointment time.
Any changes to the schedule or to board any unscheduled passengers must be approved by Bay Transit.
If you need to cancel your ride, please let us know as soon as possible, at least one day in advance. Your advance cancellation allows us to schedule someone else for a ride. You can leave your cancellation message on our voicemail system 24 hours a day.
Bay Transit offers deviated fixed route service for the Courthouse Hive Express, Rivah Ride, West Point Paper Trail, Colonial Beach to Fredericksburg (Thursday only) and all summer trolley routes.
Good Things to Know:
- Be ready 15 minutes early
- Drivers will wait for you about 5 minutes
- It’s the Law… passengers must wear seat belts.
- For everyone’s safety, there can be no smoking, eating or drinking, in Bay Transit vehicles.
- Although we know how much you appreciate your driver, tipping is not allowed.
- Weather conditions may cause cancellation of bus service. Please listen closely to local radio stations for information.
- Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult to ride on Bay Transit
CANCELLATION AND NO-SHOW POLICY
In order to better serve our riders Bay Transit has instituted a no-show policy:
Three (3) no-shows or five (5) same-day cancellations within a six month period will result in a 30 day suspension of riding privileges or a $25.00 dollar fine.
When you schedule a ride with Bay Transit it often means another person cannot be scheduled at the same time. When you cancel at the last minute or do not show up for the ride you have taken a seat away from another rider. The no-show and cancellation policy is meant to help us prevent this from happening.
We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you.