Part Time Bus Driver
Bay Transit Drivers
Part time drivers needed with excellent driving records and customer service skills. Driving positions may require some evening and weekend work for special transportation requests. Starting pay $9.00 per hour for drivers with no CDL and $12.00 per hour for CDL W/P endorsement. Applications available here and at any of the Bay Transit offices in New Kent, Gloucester and Warsaw, Va. For an application or information, call 804-250-2019 ext. 114, Equal Opportunity Employer.
See Driver Job Posting – Bus Part time for full description.
Bay Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
FULL TIME JOB POSTING
Supervisor: Bay Transit Director
Job Duties: Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Works closely with the Operations Manager, Regional Supervisors, Dispatch/Scheduling and Maintenance to ensure that safety policies and procedures are being appropriately
- Responds to and thoroughly investigates accidents involving Bay Aging/Bay Transit employees, vehicles and passengers and develops comprehensive written reports that include all pertinent information related to the cause or causes and future prevention of accidents/incidents. Conducts random, post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing and escorts individuals to the testing when applicable. Makes recommendations to Operations Manager and Regional Supervisors regarding driver’s abilities to perform
- Trains, motivates and evaluates drivers and other assigned personnel. Provides or coordinates staff training, quarterly Safety Meetings, develops and conducts driver retraining programs as needed and serves as chairman of the Safety Committee. Provides classroom and behind the wheel instruction, including defensive driving, passenger loading and unloading, wheelchair securement, use of on-board equipment, dispatch and radio communications, and passenger sensitivity. Ensures all safety regulations are being observed and all training methods are adequate and effective. Conducts and supervises on-the-road observation and evaluation of operators and Develops written procedures and policies to minimize unreported damage to vehicles. Ensures that Bay Aging is in compliance with all OSHA, DOT and FTA standards and develops, implements and monitors the organization’s Hazardous Materials Policy. Coordinates Bay Aging’s Safe Driving Awards Program.
- In conjunction with Agency staff, manages all aspects of the Drug and Alcohol Testing program including pre-employment, random and post-accident testing requirements. Conducts regular reviews of local testing facilities ensuring compliance with Agency and federal
- Attends and participates in professional group meetings representing Bay Aging/Bay Transit; stays abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of safety. Maintains a positive work environment by providing all employees with fair and equitable supervision and encourages professional and personal growth.
- Public relations and customer complaint resolution as needed
- All other tasks as assigned by Transit
Required Knowledge. skills. and abilities: The candidate for this position should have a Bachelor’s degree (preferred). The individual could have significant, related work experience in lieu of the degree. At least three years experience in Risk or Safety Management with public transit experience preferred. The Safety Manager must have demonstrated skill in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and to manage time effectively is required. Requires an individual who can effectively interact with all levels of employees, from vehicle operators to senior management, and with the general public. The individual must have knowledge of applicable state laws and regulations and hold proper certifications for both classroom training and behind the wheel training. The ideal candidate must have: proven administrative and multi-tasking skills; excellent customer service skills and excellent oral and written communication skills. Must have demonstrated leadership skills and bring energy and enthusiasm to the job. Attention to detail is a priority. Travel required throughout the region. Drug Screening and background check is a condition of employment.
E-mail application, resume or letters of interest to Ken Pollock, Transit Director or mail to: P. 0. Box 610, Urbanna, VA 23175; or fax 804.758.5773. Position open until filled. Salary DOQ.