NEW FREEDOM MOBILITY MANAGEMENT
What is New Freedom Mobility Management?
- Transportation services designed to help seniors and people with disabilities enjoy important social and recreational events, retail shopping in addition to medical appointments** and work.
- If your appointment or event is outside of the Bay Transit service area and/or service hours, the New Freedom Mobility Management program might be able to assist you with transportation.
Are you eligible?
- If you live in the 12 county area of the Middle Peninsula, Northern Neck and New Kent/Charles City—Essex, Gloucester, King and Queen, King William, Lancaster, Mathews, Middlesex, Northumberland, Richmond, Westmoreland, New Kent and Charles City.
- If you have a disability, no matter the age (short term and long term disabilities are eligible).
What to do next:
- Call your local regional Bay Transit office:
- Warsaw: 804.250.2011
- Gloucester: 804.693.6977
- New Kent: 804.966.8743
- Toll Free: 877.869.6046
How it works
- Effective February 1, 2015, Round Trip Fare for 0-50 mile trips = $5 and Round Trip Fare for 51-90 Mile Trips = $10.
- Must give a 72 hour notice before your appointment!
- If Bay Transit cannot provide transportation at the time of your appointment, they will make every effort to find another means of transportation for you!
Thank you for choosing Bay Transit for your transportation needs!
**Note: ( If you are a Medicaid recipient and need help getting to a medical appointment, call Logisticare toll free at 1-866-386-8331 five days before your appointment for assistance)